Travel grant application for the current academic calendar year (Oct 1st, 2022-September 30th, 2023)
ASPDC awards funding to academic staff to assist with professional development opportunities. Academic staff may apply for an award to attend an in-person or virtual professional conference or career related workshop. Funds are limited and granted on a first come first serve basis under the following guidelines:
1. WSU employees* assigned to one of the following academic staff positions/classifications are eligible to apply for a Travel Grant: Academic Advisors, Academic Service Officers, Archivists, Athletic Coaches and Trainers (except Division I), Extension Program Coordinators, Financial Aid Officers, Health Physicists, Librarians, University Counselors or University Counselor Assistants.
2. The maximum amount available per person is $800 per fiscal year; the grant should not exceed 50% of travel or 100% for travel less than $300.
3. Priority for travel grants will be given to junior staff (employed as academic staff for less than 7 years) members, first time applicants or academic staff that have not been issued a travel grant previously within the last 3 years.
4. Staff members who have received a travel grant for three consecutive years may not be eligible for a travel grant for a fourth year or may be only issued a partial award. This decision will help ensure the availability of funds and equitable distribution of travel grant awards to all eligible employees.
* Applicants must be actively employed at time of travel grant application submission, during the conference event/workshop, and at time of reimbursement.
Click here to apply for a travel grant.
For travel grant questions please contact:
- Keith Wadley, College of Engineering, 5050 Anthony Wayne Drive, Room 2129, 313-577-5939, firstname.lastname@example.org